Updated October 10th, 2017
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide Us
Customer Information: When you sign up to create a Prime Trust account, you provide us with information about yourself, including:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Relationship to the trust beneficiary/beneficiaries
You may choose to sign in using your Google or Facebook account credentials, in which case we collect your Google or Facebook account ID and associated email address.
If you sign up as an entity (e.g. a company, partnership, trust, etc), you may also need to provide us with pertinent information about your entity, including:
- Entity Name
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Entity documents
If you create an account with another person, you may need to provide the above information about that person as well.
Beneficiary Information: When you create a Prime Trust account, you also provide us information about the beneficiary/beneficiaries of the trust, including:
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Phone number
Financial Information: In order to process your deposits, we may collect information about your bank routing numbers, bank account numbers, billing address, or credit or debit card. If you make a deposit using a credit or debit card through the Services, your information will be maintained by a third-party merchant bank payment processor and not by us.
You may also provide us with information about your financial profile, including information about your financial advisor, investment preferences, goals, and risk tolerances.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver license or other identifying documents.
We may also use the information we collect:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes, and to contact individuals whom you invite to join the service or contribute to a trust. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, invitations to join the service, or requests to contribute to a trust.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that we think may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- We may aggregate data collected through the Services and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose information that we collect through the Services to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, online advertising, auditing, and other services.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you. To do so, these companies may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. If you do not wish to receive our personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving personalized ads from member companies.
- We may publicly display comments and testimonials we receive from users. If you write a comment, send us an email, or other communication, we may edit it in our discretion and use it, with or without your name, anywhere we desire, including, but not limited to, our website(s), press releases, newsletters and marketing material.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your account credentials, and not share your password with anyone.
From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Services.
INTERNATIONAL CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER
Prime Trust uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
© 2017 Prime Trust, LLC. All Rights Reserved